In Los Angeles, spotting celebrities are as numerous as juice bars and spin classes. But if you really want to increase your odds of seeing a star with his/her hired gun, head to one of these five hot restaurants:
- Gjelina. At this funky Venice restaurant, the food is just as attractive as the people eating it. Gjelina eludes trendiness – perhaps because it doesn’t even have its name on the outside. The impressive menu is California fare at its finest, highlighting seasonal vegetables and artisanal pizzas. This hotspot has attracted A-list celebrities like Natalie Portman and Prince Harry. So relax on the patio with a bottle of Napa Cab, and don’t forget to save room for the butterscotch pot de crème.
- Chateau Marmont. This famed hotel in the Hollywood hills was designed to mimic the beautiful Chateau d’Amboise in France. After its opening in 1927, Chateau Marmont became a Hollywood staple. It maintains an old world sense of glamour that regularly attracts celebs such as Lady Gaga and James Franco. Expect to encounter a crowd of paparazzi as you push your way to the picturesque palm tree ringed patio.
- Farmshop. This farm-to-table restaurant is located in the Brentwood Country Mart, a high end shopping destination packed with boutiques and dining options. The barn themed mart is nice enough for date night and casual enough for a day with the kids. Join celebrities like Reese Witherspoon and Patrick Dempsey at this casual yet sophisticated restaurant, and be sure to head next door for a scoop of ice cream at Sweet Rose Creamery after.
- Culina at the Four Seasons Beverly Hills. From the breathtaking, flower-filled lobby to the Frette linens on the beds, the Four Seasons Beverly Hills maintains an elegant atmosphere that the rich and famous can’t seem to get enough of. But even those who cannot afford rooms starting at $500 per night can follow the lead of Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom and head to Culina for a see-and-be-seen experience at the hotel’s modern Italian restaurant.
- The Ivy. Ah the iconic Ivy. The Ivy has attracted celebs like George Clooney and Jennifer Lopez for years with its charming cottage-like décor and upscale American comfort food. Sit on the tree-covered patio for brunch and enjoy freshly baked scones while the valet fights away the paparazzi.
- Le Village. Tucked into the Trancas Country Mart in west Malibu this chic restaurant is worth the drive. The kitchen, which serves up American fare, is watched over by the keen eyes of the quintessential French owners, Francois and Marie Clausse. And, who better to keep a secret than the French? You are sure to see celebrity legal tete-a-tetes in this new Malibu spot.